Wednesday, April 6, 2016

First blog as a solider

 Dear family,
         They've recruit me in a regiment called the Righteous Radicals. The reason that I join the army was because that you wanted me to join the army for what the South had done to the slaves. I've believed with them that slavery is wrong too. At first, when I came here, I thought that it was going to be really interesting for me to join the Union. Then, it gets really harsher as soilders do military exercise , sweating ,and had a lot of excuses they have. Now I'm in West Point in New York far away from home from Maine. You're just working as a history professor and speaking at the abolitionist rallies.If I survived the war, I'm going back home with you guys and finished college at Bowdoin. I hope I'll see you guys soon.
                                                                                                  From,
                                                                                                        Isaac Long
                                                                                                                             
                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment