Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Journal Entry 1863

Dear Journal,
   Today was the last day of the Battle of Gettysburg, and we won!!! I was in the first day of the battle but got injured by falling so nothing too serious and I am healing and will be better by our next battle if I do end up fighting in it. Even though we won it is still a sad day because over 37,000 soldiers are hurt, missing or dead and as of right now I don't know where a few of my friends are so hopefully they aren't dead but I don't know yet. I'll be praying for them and many others who were in the battle and out of the battle but were effected by it. I hope everything is good back at home with my family and all of my neighbors. Also if our house is becoming a hospital then I hope my wife and Mavery are doing what they know is right and are helping the injured soldiers. May god be with everyone especially the ones who need him the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment