Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Letter to Family 1862

Dear journal,
   Today is March 10, 1862 and yesterday I had a battle against the federates in the sea. No one won because it was a draw for the Union's Monitors (which was who I was with) and the Confederate's Virginia. We were all called "the Gladiators of the Sea". The battle happened off the coast of Hampton Roads, Virginia for about two hours. The ships that were used were called iron clads which after that battle became the more popular ships used instead of wooden ships. It was a very short battle but I'm still glad I finally got to fight instead of staying at the boring camps all day even though it can be fun on holidays or special events. I hope next time the Union will get the win but at least we didn't loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment