Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Life in 1861


                  Dear parents,
                              Now that I'm in the regiment group, I pretty much have alot of work to do such as doing drills and whole bunch of stuff. Today, I heard news about General McClellan being the new army chief.I felt like I wanted to meet him and the Union had some high expectation to him. Also, we were selected to go battle at Bull Run from General McDowell, but when we were here, we thought that it was a total victory for us. So we get some souvenir and leave. After we heard that the Confederate plan to create an evelopment to  destroy the army. Our group decided to retreat to Washington D.C. to protected them from the Confederate.Hopefully I can survived till the war is over.
                                                                                                   Your son,
                                                                                                             Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment