Sunday, May 1, 2016

1864 Journal Entry

Dear journal,
     Today is March 11, 1864 and yesterday we had just gotten a new general for the Union Army and his name is Ulysses. S Grant. Abraham Lincoln thinks that he could be a really great general and could help strengthen our military and I think so too even though it's only his second day as general. Also he already seems better than our horrible generals from before so that's a good sign. I haven't been able to write a lot lately because they have been working us hard everyday to make sure we are ready for whatever battle comes next. I am actually really happy here because it makes me feel like I am doing something good for the world and for God by standing up for what I believe in and making a difference even if it is small and I know God is watching. Also they found one of my friends that was missing from the last battle and he is doing fine so that is good but disease is spreading around the camp fast so I really hope everyone is going to be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment